ROOT YOUR M865c from straight talk!

12-12-2012, 05:39 AMPost: #1
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

Posts: 359 Joined: Sep 2012 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Eugene, OR STL, MO Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 24 in 17 posts
Phone(s): M865c/H866c Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: TITAN v3c/BRICKED Online Status: Offline
ROOT YOUR M865c from straight talk!
Source originally posted by The MC on AF

If you are like me you have been searching for a way to root the Huawei Ascend ii for Tracfone / Straight Talk networks. Well my friends, wait no longer, thanks to the genius of giantpune. His exploit also works on the M865c.
Here is the link to his original thread.
Note: While this method should not cause any damage to your phone, I cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred. By rooting your phone you are taking full responsibility for any changes you make.

Step 1:
Download the Poot.apk and place it somewhere on you phone, internal storage or sd card, either will work.
Download Poot-debug.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
(This is the One Touch 910 /ARM5 link on giantpune's thread)

Step 2:
Download the ministro-ii.apk and place it somewhere on your phone.

(Again, this is a link from giantpune's thread.)

BlastGT1 Edit: You can download both from HERE, unzip the file after downloading.

Step 3:
Install both the Poot.apk and ministro-ii.apk. (You will need to make sure that you have enabled "Unknown Sources" under the application settings menu of your phone before you will be able to install these apks.)

Step 4:
After both apks are installed open Poot. It will open up ministro and download quite a few libraries that are necessary for the Poot to work. Once it has completed click the button that says "Press here to poot" and hope for the best.

Step 5:
Pay attention the the messages displayed on the screen. Most messages should start with a [+], but you should see a couple of [-].
As long as the only warning messages you receive are the following, you should have successfully rooted.

[-]current && current != last + 1: 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again
A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 64

You will receive these messages because Poot does not recognize the M865c kernel and is unable to clean things up without rebooting.
Again, the three warnings listed above are nothing to worry about.

Step 6:
Reboot your phone to save changes and allow the exploit to take effect.

Step 7:
Open Poot and click on the button that says Built-in rootcheck to verify that your phone is rooted. As long as Poot is able to find 'su,' and it will display its path along with a corresponding message stating success.

Step 8:
Install the superuser app from the google play store. This app is necessary to run other apps as root.

Step 9:
You can now uninstall Poot and ministro, if you like. This should save you a little bit of space since the M865c has limited internal storage.

Step 10:
Thank giantpune for all of his work and consider donating to him because he did all of the work on this. I am only detailing my experience, he deserves all of the credit.

this is a good root option but a lot of people are having problems with the recovery. might need to wait until there is a viable recovery install option, a lot of peoples are freezing.after recovery install. but the root with poot and ministro work beautifully@Angry

This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 03:51 AM by BlastGT1.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to scarsketch for this post:
eomer (01-03-2013), lockport (08-25-2013), Speedy22 (03-31-2013)

12-12-2012, 07:30 AMPost: #2
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

Posts: 359 Joined: Sep 2012 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Eugene, OR STL, MO Thanks Given: 85
Phone(s): M865c/H866c Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: TITAN v3c/BRICKED Online Status: Offline
RE: ROOT YOUR M865c from straight talk!
to store your OS on HUAWEI m865C download a googleable 4015 recovery and adb push from fastboot. if you have any problems shoot me a PM if you need help pushing clockworkmod recovery to your sdcard

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot devices

CWM should start! do a hard reset and youre golden from there
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to scarsketch for this post:
jonhaney (12-12-2012)

12-12-2012, 08:03 AMPost: #3
jonhaney Offline
ANDROID TITAN
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 5,991 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 52 Gender: Male Location: Portland, Oregon Thanks Given: 395
Thanks Received: 650 in 471 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Stock rooted 4.4.2 Online Status: Offline
Re: ROOT YOUR M865c from straight talk!
Nice good looking out for these guys

Sent from my m865 using Tapatalk 2

[Image: h4i8.png]
[Image: UPP-DOTY-small_zps98d567e2.png]

12-12-2012, 09:17 AMPost: #4
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

Giving a thanks to PlayfulGod, Jonhaney, Blast GT1 (sorry man) Dizzle, anyone who was in the chat room at the time and last but not least Giantpune.

This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 04:11 AM by scarsketch.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to scarsketch for this post:
jonhaney (12-12-2012)

12-12-2012, 09:26 AMPost: #5
jonhaney Offline
ANDROID TITAN

Posts: 5,991 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 52 Gender: Male Location: Portland, Oregon Thanks Given: 395
Thanks Received: 650 in 471 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Stock rooted 4.4.2 Online Status: Offline
Thanks to Scarsketch

Sent from Tapatalk

[Image: h4i8.png]
[Image: UPP-DOTY-small_zps98d567e2.png]

12-12-2012, 08:15 PMPost: #6
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

any chance i can get a class change? Androidwink

12-13-2012, 01:10 AMPost: #7
Mrabon843 Offline
n00by

Posts: 5 Joined: Dec 2012 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Myrtle Beach, SC Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Phone(s): M865C Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
I got recovery just fine from ROM Manager, or does nobody use that anymore?

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

And scar, I was going to send you poot because I couldn't remember the link or where I found it. Haha

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 01:12 AM by Mrabon843.

12-13-2012, 01:51 AMPost: #8
PlayfulGod Offline
Head Asshole

Posts: 1,387 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 17 Gender: Male Location: NW Georgia Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 266 in 190 posts
Phone(s): Galaxy Nexus Carrier: T-Mobile Prepaid ROM: CM11 Online Status: Offline
(12-12-2012 07:30 AM)scarsketch Wrote:  to store your OS on HUAWEI m865C download a googleable 4015 recovery and adb push from fastboot. if you have any problems shoot me a PM if you need help pushing clockworkmod recovery to your sdcard

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot devices

CWM should start! do a hard reset and youre golden from there
Actually we didnt use fastboot since it doesnt seem to work on the M865c. What we did since you were already rooted was use adb to push cwm (same one listed in ROM Manager) to your sdcard and then use asb shell and dd to flash it to /dev/mtd/mtd1. In normally situations installing via ROM Manager should just work fine as well as most everything else created for the M865, although things like mms and data may need furter tweaking.

Androidwink

[Image: pg-1.png~original]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PlayfulGod for this post:
scarsketch (12-13-2012)

12-13-2012, 04:53 AMPost: #9
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

my carrier is STRAIGHT TALK, and we did use fastboot it worked when you told me to put the commands in, yes i was already rooted. this was for the m865c. we fastbooted the m865c after we pushed the recovery image to the filesystem. because i was already rooted and it was basically restoring the recovery partition.

so this was a m865c we were working on when you were giving me the command line. i acquired admin shell because i was rooted and i cant really remember what we did from there except adb devices and adb fastboot devices after we pushed the image to the filesystem. correct me if im wrong

12-13-2012, 05:17 AMPost: #10
PlayfulGod Offline
Head Asshole

Posts: 1,387 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 17 Gender: Male Location: NW Georgia Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 266 in 190 posts
Phone(s): Galaxy Nexus Carrier: T-Mobile Prepaid ROM: CM11 Online Status: Offline
Re: RE: ROOT YOUR M865c from straight talk!
(12-13-2012 04:53 AM)scarsketch Wrote:  my carrier is STRAIGHT TALK, and we did use fastboot it worked when you told me to put the commands in, yes i was already rooted. this was for the m865c. we fastbooted the m865c after we pushed the recovery image to the filesystem. because i was already rooted and it was basically restoring the recovery partition.

so this was a m865c we were working on when you were giving me the command line. i acquired admin shell because i was rooted and i cant really remember what we did from there except adb devices and adb fastboot devices after we pushed the image to the filesystem. correct me if im wrong

I did already lol. We used adb in the end. We tried fastboot but it kept kicking u to a dir prompt. What we did was, adb push blablab.img /sdcard, then adb shell, then su, then cd sdcard, then we used dd to flash the cwm img. Androidwink

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

[Image: pg-1.png~original]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PlayfulGod for this post:
scarsketch (12-13-2012)

Search