Flash back to stock rom = problems

01-19-2013, 09:34 PMPost: #1
CrimsonNightshade Offline
n00by

Posts: 9 Joined: Jan 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Peru, IL Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts
Phone(s): Ascend II M865c Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
Flash back to stock rom = problems
Alright so I have screwed this phone up pretty good. Straight Talk is going to send me a replacement so now I have to get this thing back to stock. I originally had ROM manager flash recovery 4.0.1.6 (I think thats what the numbers were) when I first rooted the phone. In order to install one of the roms I had to flash some 6.0.x.x recovery and I did that. So with the 6.0.x.x recovery i restored my backup when i found i was unhappy with the rom and now the blue tracfone logo doesn't come up when i start the phone (now it just says android which flashes like lights) and the reception bars look different that original stock rom. So I now need a step by step how to so I can get this thing straightened out to send in to Straight Talk. Something about restoring my backup in the 6.0.x.x recovery instead of the 4.0.1.6 recovery has messed something up and I don't know what to do. I tried to just reflash the right recovery with ROM manager and now for some reason it says it doesnt have a recovery for the m865c. Mind = blown Money

01-20-2013, 12:02 AMPost: #2
scarsketch Offline
ROM'ed

Posts: 360 Joined: Sep 2012 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Eugene, OR STL, MO Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 24 in 17 posts
Phone(s): M865c/H866c Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: TITAN v3c/BRICKED Online Status: Offline
RE: Flash back to stock rom = problems
ok i needed the stock rom today to use system updates to get service! i had a custom rom on there but now i am good.

if you backed your stock up with recovery you should be able to flash right back there. my huawei sceren comes up but no tracfone insignia. You can get it as close as putting the stock rom back on there with no superuser.

01-20-2013, 07:35 AMPost: #3
CrimsonNightshade Offline
n00by

Posts: 9 Joined: Jan 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Peru, IL Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts
Phone(s): Ascend II M865c Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
Well don't you think that if they boot this thing up when they get it and they don't see the tracfone insignia that that is a clear cut indication that I did something to the phone that I wasn't supposed to? I would be lucky if they even sent the phone back to me. I waited for 45 minutes to talk to customer service today and spent another half an hour going through all these ridiculous steps trying to figure out why my data was so crappy. If the guy had a brain at all the first indicator of me tampering with the device would have been that I couldn't update prls or profiles from system update, especially after he noted that there were no outages in my area. He just got tired of dealing with me and offered to replace my phone. I know how to unroot the thing and get rid of superuser but I just don't think that is going to be enough. Its really weird during the day I literally have no bandwidth but as soon as midnight chimes my bandwidth goes through the roof. Im about to say screw the whole thing and get the samsung galaxy s3 from verizon or at&t. Who cares if its double the price no one I know has had any problems with these carriers. And now that I've actually toyed around with a buddies s3 and seen all the basic functions he can do with his phone that I cant it just makes me want it even more.

01-20-2013, 07:59 AMPost: #4
jonhaney Offline
TITAN
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 6,342 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 60 Gender: Male Location: usa Thanks Given: 439
Thanks Received: 778 in 554 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Online Status: Offline
(01-20-2013 12:02 AM)scarsketch Wrote:  ok i needed the stock rom today to use system updates to get service! i had a custom rom on there but now i am good.

if you backed your stock up with recovery you should be able to flash right back there. my huawei sceren comes up but no tracfone insignia. You can get it as close as putting the stock rom back on there with no superuser.

What are u having problems with

[Image: UPP_Recognized_Developer_2_zpsc34e5704.png~original]

Search