H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager

02-25-2013, 08:58 AMPost: #1
Spun Offline
n00by

Posts: 2 Joined: Feb 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: oregon Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Phone(s): Huawei H866C Carrier: Other ROM: Online Status: Offline
H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
So I rooted my H866C running on Straight Talk using POOT (nice, thanks bigpune) installed Superuser then Rom Manager from CWM used the M865 file, it accepted it, made a back-up ok, then went to back up ROM to SD, when the phone went to re-boot it did...

The Ascend screen (no tracphone logo) then...

yellow triangle

and

Image signature verify fail!

Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect signature.

Please update your image to a signature official one.

You can remove battery for power down.

Holding the power on and volume button's will go to the pink screen only when the SD card is out. With or without SD card when you power on it gives the message above.

I can't access anything via usb with pc & vista...I did back up what I could before rooting.

So is there anywhere to get the correct signature and some type of program to access the files on the phone?

I'm just a 50 something DIY, dumbass with a smart phone...Thanks in advanceTongue

I don't mind learning how too do this, if someone can help...Androidwink

02-25-2013, 09:17 AMPost: #2
damian Offline
Customizer

Posts: 832 Joined: Feb 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Pennsylvania Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 17 in 16 posts
Phone(s): iPhone 4s Carrier: Other ROM: stock Online Status: Offline
RE: H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
pretty sure you have the option to toggle signature in CWM, now i dont know if youwant to disable it or not, i dont wanna tell you to do something but i know you have that ability to do so Android-smile

02-25-2013, 09:40 AMPost: #3
PlayfulGod Offline
Head Asshole
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 1,414 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 17 Gender: Male Location: NW Georgia Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 290 in 200 posts
Phone(s): LG G Flex Carrier: AT&T Prepaid ROM: CM11 Online Status: Offline
Re: H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
Wtf said to use the ascend 2's cwm for that device? I have posted several times about this device, it has a locked bootloader, thus nothing can be done the traditional ways. It needs either a unlocked bootloader (prolly not going a happen) or a bootstrap/2ndinit recovery done for it.

And unfortunately afaik there us no way to recover the device available yet. Hence why i stopped work on the cwm i was working on for it n not released it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

[Image: pg-1.png~original]

02-25-2013, 05:07 PMPost: #4
Spun Offline
n00by

Posts: 2 Joined: Feb 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: oregon Thanks Given: 0
Phone(s): Huawei H866C Carrier: Other ROM: Online Status: Offline
If I go get another phone can I extract the files needed to re start the crashed phone? If so what programs/apps do you guys recommend...Thanks for your replies.

Hmmm toggle signature in CWM...don't think I'll load up the CWM Rom manager again.

Huawei has a link for getting a code to unlock the bootloader but it doesn't list the H866C.

http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk/sea...%20General has firmware but no H866C listed

Thanks

02-25-2013, 08:38 PMPost: #5
damian Offline
Customizer

Posts: 832 Joined: Feb 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Pennsylvania Thanks Given: 54
well, you need cwm inorder to flash new ROMs or backup :/

02-25-2013, 09:19 PMPost: #6
PlayfulGod Offline
Head Asshole

Posts: 1,414 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 17 Gender: Male Location: NW Georgia Thanks Given: 46
Re: RE: H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
(02-25-2013 05:07 PM)Spun Wrote:  If I go get another phone can I extract the files needed to re start the crashed phone? If so what programs/apps do you guys recommend...Thanks for your replies.

Hmmm toggle signature in CWM...don't think I'll load up the CWM Rom manager again.

Huawei has a link for getting a code to unlock the bootloader but it doesn't list the H866C.

http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk/sea...%20General has firmware but no H866C listed

Thanks

Whats needed is a dload or similar like the other huaweis have available in order to fix yours.

02-25-2013, 09:20 PMPost: #7
PlayfulGod Offline
Head Asshole

Re: RE: H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
(02-25-2013 05:07 PM)Spun Wrote:  If I go get another phone can I extract the files needed to re start the crashed phone? If so what programs/apps do you guys recommend...Thanks for your replies.

Thanks

Whats needed is a dload or similar like the other huaweis have available in order to fix yours.

02-25-2013, 09:51 PMPost: #8
damian Offline
Customizer

that man know what he's talking about, listen to him, his namw says it all Tongue

[Image: damiansigclear_zps726bf9fb.png]

02-26-2013, 09:56 PMPost: #9
BlastGT1 Offline
Fullmetal Droid
Administrator / Command Droid

Posts: 5,646 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 36 Gender: Male Location: Texas Thanks Given: 249
Thanks Received: 788 in 595 posts
Phone(s): HTC ReZound Carrier: Page Plus ROM: Rooted Stock ICS Online Status: Offline
Re: H866C Image signature fail after using rom manager
Unfortunately, you've learned a hard lesson, which is, never try a recovery that is not specifically for your phone. Other than trying your luck with the "I dunno what happened, it rebooted and did this!" with the place you bought it from, I'm not aware of any way to recover your phone, as I haven't seen a flash-to-stock file or method anywhere on the net. Normally, if it's out there, I can find it.

--------------------

This post was created with alchemy from my MetroFLASHed HTC Droid Incredible

[Image: TBTransLogo_zpsefd630b5.png]
[Image: BackUPP250x25_zps31d2a586.png]
[Image: EdwardElricCircle250x114_zps8d33fcce.png]

09-28-2013, 06:56 PMPost: #10
8momo Offline
n00by

Posts: 1 Joined: Sep 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Oregon Thanks Given: 0
Phone(s): Ascend Y II H866C Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
are they bricked?
Hi there everyone! Came upon this thread through a google search and it turns out I did the same exact thing trying to back up my phone. I have been able to get the phone to pink screen with the volume UP and DOWN held down while powering on (though only once, now it seems to want to return to the error screen). Have spun and I permanently bricked our phones? Or is there hope?

Search