Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)

07-09-2013, 01:04 PMPost: #1
stedman420 Offline
dev? ok if you say so
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 650 Joined: Oct 2012 Reputation: 32 Gender: Male Location: Mt. Angel, OR Thanks Given: 279
Thanks Received: 294 in 174 posts
Phone(s): SGH-I317 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Online Status: Offline
Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)
All of this seems to be working fine for me but remember you use everything here at your own risk. I nor anyone else will be held responsible for your phone. Rooting your phone will void your warranty. So please keep in mind YOUR PHONE = YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

***DISCONTINUED: This project has been permanently discontinued and will no longer receive any updates or support***

**REQUIREMENTS**
Straight Talk LG Optimus Q (LGL55C)

The only other requirement is your phone needs a data connection of some kind as you will need to download some stuff on your phone.(Yes wifi counts)

**INSTRUCTIONS**
Ok to do this you will need to install two apks on your phone to start.

Poot-debug apk (the one for the pcd venture) found at this link at giantpunes original post
Optimus Elite root with an apk

and

Ministro II Apk (wich can be found on google play store here)
MinistroII on Play Store

Here is a couple mirrored links to the apks needed and I used. You can download these and just use your file manager to install them from your sdcard if you don't wanna go searchin for them.

Poot-debug.apk

Ministro II.apk

Once these two apks are installed just follow these steps.

1.) Click on Poot apk to open it.

2.) Ministro will then open and ask you to download some libraries click ok to download them.

3.) Once they're downloaded you'll be presented with two options in the poot apk click on the press here to poot button.

4.) Once poot is done you should be rooted.

5.) Go to play store and download Superuser
(poot only pushes the binary file to system/xbin it does not install the apk) Once superuser downloads and installs you should be able to grant apks root access

6.) Now just download Rom Manager from play store then use it to flash recovery.

7.) MOST IMPORTANT STEP: RULE #1 Reboot to recovery THEN MAKE A BACKUP.

(volume keys will scroll up and down, camera button will select an option, and power button will back up a menu when in cwm recovery)

**NOTES**
The log that the poot apk displays when finished shows a couple errors. However half way through the log you can see a + where it wrote su to system/xbin and where it sets perms for su. You can ignore the errors. It still works. You can verify this by using the built-in rootchecker in the poot apk.

If you want to use SuperSU you will need to install Superuser first as the binary that poot pushes to phone is for superuser.

Pay close attention to step 9 Remember RULE #1 ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING NEW FROM NOW ON. I really can't stress that enough it's the best way to keep from havin a paperweight

Once you're done yes you can uninstall poot and ministro as they'll no longer be needed

I have tested this on a bone stock Q and was met with success. I then even installed a stock rom without root or busybox and was able to repeat my success. Actually I did that a couple times and was able to gain root each time so Hopefully this helps make rooting and flashing recovery a little easier for everyone else.

**BIG PROPS, CREDITS, AND THANKS GOES TO THE FOLLOWING**
giantpune - Well duh for the genius that's poot lol find out more about this dev and his great app here
Optimus Elite root with an apk
Playfulgod - for helping to get CWM official and for always being willing to help out the community
**And a huge thanks to all the devs who made all the free apps that make it possible for us to have so many choices**

This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 09:20 PM by stedman420.

07-10-2013, 07:36 PMPost: #2
BlastGT1 Offline
Fullmetal Droid
Administrator / Command Droid

Posts: 5,694 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 36 Gender: Male Location: Texas Thanks Given: 249
Thanks Received: 797 in 602 posts
Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Carrier: Page Plus ROM: Rooted Stock JB 4.3 Online Status: Offline
RE: Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)
Stedman, you are indeed awesome. I grovel at your feet and give you +2 rep for so much win posted in a single section all at once.

[Image: TBTransLogo_zpsefd630b5.png]
[Image: BackUPP250x25_zps31d2a586.png]
[Image: EdwardElricCircle250x114_zps8d33fcce.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BlastGT1 for this post:
stedman420 (07-10-2013)

07-10-2013, 07:54 PMPost: #3
stedman420 Offline
dev? ok if you say so

Posts: 650 Joined: Oct 2012 Reputation: 32 Gender: Male Location: Mt. Angel, OR Thanks Given: 279
RE: Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)
Wow thank you Blast Grin

It's kinda funny a friend of mine gave me this phone a while back when they got a new one and so I kinda tinkered with it here and there not very often. But then a little bit ago my ZTE Engage crapped out on me and I got bored Lol Plus there really isn't much out there for this phone and nothing for it I liked at all so here we are Lol This is actually the phone I use pretty much just for an mp3 player Lmao Grin

07-10-2013, 08:18 PMPost: #4
BlastGT1 Offline
Fullmetal Droid
Administrator / Command Droid

Posts: 5,694 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 36 Gender: Male Location: Texas Thanks Given: 249
Thanks Received: 797 in 602 posts
Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Carrier: Page Plus ROM: Rooted Stock JB 4.3 Online Status: Offline
Well, I'll say this then.....your loss is definitely our gain!

[Image: TBTransLogo_zpsefd630b5.png]
[Image: BackUPP250x25_zps31d2a586.png]
[Image: EdwardElricCircle250x114_zps8d33fcce.png]

07-15-2013, 01:53 AMPost: #5
gil81 Offline
n00by

Posts: 3 Joined: Jun 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: aurora Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts
Phone(s): ascend2,LgL55,e4gt Carrier: Boost Mobile ROM: Slim Bean on E4GT Online Status: Offline
thanks for this...im usually over on xda, epic forum. but ive had this phone for awhile and wanted to root it. i just couldnt find any info that was useful without a computer.. this is great..Something new to tinker with...thanks again... sent from e4gt running slim bean supercharged...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gil81 for this post:
stedman420 (07-15-2013)

09-04-2013, 07:04 PMPost: #6
pgant22 Offline
n00by

Posts: 1 Joined: Sep 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: Florida Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Phone(s): LG Optimus Q Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
I'm getting an error 64 when I click here to poot, it says I need to reboot my phone but gives me the same error

09-05-2013, 08:20 PMPost: #7
stedman420 Offline
dev? ok if you say so

Is poot not running at all then?

if not try uninstalling poot and ministro II (and superuser if installed) then give your phone a reboot and try startin at the top again.

Doing this should clear up most errors. Also make sure ministro is downloading the libs it needs or this method won't work.

If poot is running though you should be rooted. I don't remember what error code you get but you do get an error code and it will tell you to reboot your phone even when poot is successful. As stated in the op above you can ignore these errors.

09-05-2013, 08:58 PMPost: #8
khaoticking Offline
ROM'ed

Posts: 288 Joined: Jul 2013 Reputation: 7 Gender: Male Location: Donora Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 55 in 45 posts
Phone(s): zte groove Carrier: Cricket ROM: Stripped_X501_Mod Online Status: Offline
Re: Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)
I thought ministro no longer supported poot

Ill eat your dog and shine your shoes screw you Im a leprechaun

09-05-2013, 11:41 PMPost: #9
stedman420 Offline
dev? ok if you say so

If you use what I have posted this will work just fine Androidwink

This is also the same method used for the score and works great for both phones Androidwink

09-06-2013, 10:39 AMPost: #10
jonhaney Offline
TITAN

Posts: 6,399 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 60 Gender: Male Location: usa Thanks Given: 449
Thanks Received: 789 in 563 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Online Status: Offline
Re: Easy Root and Recovery [No computer or terminal needed] LG Optimus Q(LGL55C)
You know what else will root that framaroot.1.4.1 I think it was or 1.4 one of those

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

[Image: UPP_Recognized_Developer_2_zpsc34e5704.png~original]

Search