03-28-2013, 10:35 PMPost: #1
WUTANGKILLABEE Offline
BanHammered!
Banned

Posts: 50 Joined: Mar 2013 Gender: Male Location: LAWTOWN MA Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts
Phone(s): H866C -SCH-R680 Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: Online Status: Offline
Huawei Y H866C Root Bootloader Unlock
I found a new 1 click method to unlock bootloader and root the huawei y h866c. This same phone was released in China 1 year ago and i found there method to unlocking and rooting this phone. They have CWM and custom roms 4 this phone but i have not tested any as of yet. There version of this phone is gsm and the usa version is cdma so im nervous of flashing. Also i can not figure out how to get the phone stuck on huawei symbol. When phone is stuck on huawei symbol thats how u go into download mode and flash. If anyone no how to get phone stuck please let me no so i can try to install cloackwork mod. Install instructions for bootloader unlock and root below. I have tested this on a brand new huawei h866c and root worked with a simple 1 click and same 4 bootloader unlock. I did test root with root checker and passed I also have droidwall firewall that only root users can use. The china version is Huawei u8816-u8818. there is a upgrade to ics so if u try any of there work make sure u use gingerbread version with baseband 109808.
When u open up the unlocker do not get nervous of the U8816 version as i said i used this on a brand new phone with no troubles and this is just the china version of this phone. Im just trying to help out and share what i found after weeks of searching.

1. Download provided file and unzip to computer
2. On phone go to Settings-Applications-Development-check usb debugging box.
3.Do not move the unzipped folder leave on computer Open up unzip unlockbootloader.exe and choose from simple menu to Root or unlock bootloader.Should take under 1 minute to complete. Once rooted go to play store and download superuser.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7xcrnw

(03-28-2013 10:35 PM)WUTANGKILLABEE Wrote:  I found a new 1 click method to unlock bootloader and root the huawei y h866c. This same phone was released in China 1 year ago and i found there method to unlocking and rooting this phone. They have CWM and custom roms 4 this phone but i have not tested any as of yet. There version of this phone is gsm and the usa version is cdma so im nervous of flashing. Also i can not figure out how to get the phone stuck on huawei symbol. When phone is stuck on huawei symbol thats how u go into download mode and flash. If anyone no how to get phone stuck please let me no so i can try to install cloackwork mod. Install instructions for bootloader unlock and root below. I have tested this on a brand new huawei h866c and root worked with a simple 1 click and same 4 bootloader unlock. I did test root with root checker and passed I also have droidwall firewall that only root users can use. The china version is Huawei u8816-u8818. there is a upgrade to ics so if u try any of there work make sure u use gingerbread version with baseband 109808.
When u open up the unlocker do not get nervous of the U8816 version as i said i used this on a brand new phone with no troubles and this is just the china version of this phone. Im just trying to help out and share what i found after weeks of searching.

1. Download provided file and unzip to computer
2. On phone go to Settings-Applications-Development-check usb debugging box.
3.Do not move the unzipped folder leave on computer Open up unzip unlockbootloader.exe and choose from simple menu to Root or unlock bootloader.Should take under 1 minute to complete. Once rooted go to play store and download superuser.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7xcrnw
Here is a link to Huawei U8816 specs
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=34...awei_u8815

This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 11:07 PM by WUTANGKILLABEE.

03-29-2013, 10:32 AMPost: #2
BlastGT1 Online
Fullmetal Droid
Administrator / Command Droid

Posts: 5,689 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 36 Gender: Male Location: Texas Thanks Given: 249
Thanks Received: 795 in 601 posts
Phone(s): HTC ReZound Carrier: Page Plus ROM: Rooted Stock ICS Online Status: Online
RE: Huawei Y H866C Root Bootloader Unlock
You can't get into what's known as fastboot because Straight Talk disables it on their versions of the phone, so you won't be able to do that part of things. One person here tried a test recovery that was pushed to the phone in some other way, and it soft-bricked his phone. As for Chinese ROMs, first the bootloader would have to be unlocked or something like 2ndinit would have to be made for it to get into a custom recovery, and their ROMs would need to be ported over to work on our hardware and not cause any number of problems.

FYI, the phone you linked to isn't quite the same model, unless the specs are just plain wrong on PDADB. That phone says it has a 4" screen, while the Ascend Y (H866C) has a 3.5" screen, with a lower resolution.

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y-5077.php

[Image: TBTransLogo_zpsefd630b5.png]
[Image: BackUPP250x25_zps31d2a586.png]
[Image: EdwardElricCircle250x114_zps8d33fcce.png]

03-29-2013, 12:43 PMPost: #3
buttersworth Offline
Android

Posts: 48 Joined: Jan 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: savannah ga Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2 in 2 posts
Phone(s): 5 Carrier: StraightTalk ROM: AreaRomQ Online Status: Offline
Re: Huawei Y H866C Root Bootloader Unlock
I have tried this method but how to confirm unlock.

This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 04:52 AM by buttersworth.

03-29-2013, 09:26 PMPost: #4
WUTANGKILLABEE Offline
BanHammered!
Banned

Im not asking anything im just saying i tested this root method and it is working 100% on my phone as for the bootloader unlock i ran it the unlocker says it was copying files and made some comands and my phones superuser asked 4 permision and said shell has been opened i wouldnt post something that does not work and bricks phones as i bricked a couple myself. I have spent some serious hours or i should say months looking into this phone and adb linux bootloaders kernals root methods how to port cwm and i got the basics down.So as the guy above buttersworth is looking on the first site and looking 4 a test dummy thats not me what im saying here is what i have ran on my personal phone and that same phone works 100% better than my poot phone that i bricked trying my own methods that im not gonna post 4 the next guy to try and fail. I no i have a cheaper model samsung phone and it took 4 ever 4 a rom and cwm to come out but the kid who created the rom and cwm made it from a simular model phone not 100% but pritty close as all the ports where the same. that model U8815 has the same gingerbread os has the same baseband version109808 same kernal version 2.6.38.6 got the same cpu hardware the stuff that matters the most now what im saying is if someone with a little knowledge knows how to switch a couple files around and sign permisons there might be a little hope 4 something half way nice 4 this phone. And buttersworth as the guy stated above there is no fastboot 4 this phone not all phones come with that option and im starting to think this is 1 of the phones. And just so u no it takes about 3 more hours of work than just downloading android sdk and pluging ur phone to usb and fast boot magically works also i dont no where u get ur commands but ur pritty far off. how about i command u go down to the clinic and play with the dirtyest girl and u come back and tell me what disease u got.

(03-29-2013 09:26 PM)WUTANGKILLABEE Wrote:  Well im just saying i tested this root method and it is working 100% on my phone. I no i have a cheaper model samsung phone and it took 4 ever 4 a rom and cwm to come out but the kid who created the rom and cwm made it from a simular model phone not 100% but pritty close as all the ports where the same. that model U8815 has the same gingerbread os has the same baseband version109808 same kernal version 2.6.38.6 got the same cpu hardware the stuff that matters the most now what im saying is if someone with a little knowledge knows how to switch a couple files around and sign permisons there might be a little hope 4 something half way nice 4 this phone. And buttersworth as the guy stated above there is no fastboot 4 this phone not all phones come with that option and im starting to think this is 1 of the phones. And just so u no it takes about 3 more hours of work than just downloading android sdk and pluging ur phone to usb and fast boot magically works also i dont no where u get ur commands but ur pritty far off. how about i command u go down to the clinic and play with the dirtyest girl and u come back and tell me what disease u got.
And ya i no its a little more work then playing with a couple files and ur done.

This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 09:48 PM by WUTANGKILLABEE.

03-30-2013, 02:42 AMPost: #5
buttersworth Offline
Android

Posts: 48 Joined: Jan 2013 Reputation: 0 Gender: Male Location: savannah ga Thanks Given: 2
ok.. sry to be offensive I was sort of asking a question. If this command would work on the h866c. And your right it was the wrong thread. Secondly I have copies of the stock recovery boot and system. And yes porting cwm is easy. I'm just don't know about this bootloader. I have init.d working but that means nothing. And thank you for the info.

Sent from my LGL55C

I tried your unlock method su says it granted. Su twice how do I confirm the unlock.

Sent from my LGL55C

This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 02:57 AM by buttersworth.

03-30-2013, 03:38 AMPost: #6
jonhaney Offline
TITAN
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 6,372 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 60 Gender: Male Location: usa Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 783 in 559 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Online Status: Offline
If they have roms for the same phone put there is gsm and yours is cdma all you do is add your cdma permission and remove gsm
/System/etc/permission

And in the build.prop and your network setting and add your apns

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

That's how I ported over the cm9 and cm10 they were for the Huawei u8650 gsm. To the Huawei m865 cdma

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

[Image: UPP_Recognized_Developer_2_zpsc34e5704.png~original]

This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 03:41 AM by jonhaney.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jonhaney for this post:
WUTANGKILLABEE (03-30-2013)

03-30-2013, 04:28 AMPost: #7
buttersworth Offline
Android

Ok I have a stock copy of the recovery as an img file.
I have been to builder.clockworkmod.com but don't know if I need the recovery.fstab or graphics.c or postrecoveryboot.sh files or to check touch which I don't think the h866c has ics. Anyinfo would be great.

Sent from my LGL55C

03-30-2013, 04:49 AMPost: #8
WUTANGKILLABEE Offline
BanHammered!
Banned

Jonhaney thanks 4 the answer That is the answer I was looking 4. As for buttersworth sorry 4 being di*k its just I have been looking and searching 4 weeks and months and I put up a post and u came out with something that makes no sense and the commands u posted make no sense. I am sorry as said before but not all phones are the same and u need to understand that rooting ur phone or unlocking ur bootloader is not gonna change anything u can see. U need to realize to that it takes more than running a couple adb commands to create cwm or a custom rom ya u can flash with adb but u need to learn what files to replace and sign. Once again sorry and to Jonhaney thanks a bunch and maybe now with his helpful info we can figure out creating a custom rom. THANKS

Oh ya i already been on builder.clockwork and i got files back from that site i still have not learned what to do with them im in the process now reading in depth of what got to be done. The files that it creates is
1. inputrecovery.img
2.recovery.img
3.archive.zip
now i think i need to fix up the archive.zip for this phone. i have no prior experince doing this and if anyone could give me a clue to what im doing that would be great and much respected. I am a noob but i do have common sense and im not looking 4 a complete guide just tell me somewhere to start or a good site with respectable knowledge

This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 05:20 AM by WUTANGKILLABEE.

03-30-2013, 05:09 AMPost: #9
buttersworth Offline
Android

Cool I glad we can clear that up. And this is not my first go round as you can see the post has been changed. I. Want this as much as yourself. And yes I have 2 bricked ascends and 1 working right now. I have never delt with this kinda phone and most I do deal with are easy peasy and pew pew. But this model sucks. and I also know it takes a lot more work than changes files around. So what is then next step?

Sent from my LGL55C

03-30-2013, 05:19 AMPost: #10
jonhaney Offline
TITAN
Recognized Developer / Creator

Posts: 6,372 Joined: Oct 2011 Reputation: 60 Gender: Male Location: usa Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 783 in 559 posts
Phone(s): GALAXY S4 Carrier: Cricket ROM: Online Status: Offline
So is this phone anything like the huawei ascend 2 what I mean what's the cpu and gpu and ram? I'm just woundering because I think a few people told me it was the same phone

Sent from my D2-711 using Tapatalk 2

So is this phone anything like the huawei ascend 2 what I mean what's the cpu and gpu and ram? I'm just woundering because I think a few people told me it was the same phone

Sent from my D2-711 using Tapatalk 2

[Image: UPP_Recognized_Developer_2_zpsc34e5704.png~original]

This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 05:19 AM by jonhaney.

Search